EXPLORER CIRCUIT 4 Days
DAY 1: Qeswachaka - Espinar
Leave 6:30am, Travel to Qeswachaka straw bridge (4.5hrs including breaks), passing the 4 lakes and agricultural fields, and learn about the ancient methods of making the straw rope for the bridge and cross if you dare! After a picnic lunch we will drive to visit the site of KanaMarka just outside of Espinar, where we will stay overnight (about 2.5 hr drive in the afternoon).
Meals: Picnic Lunch (Dinner if camping)
Accommodation: 2 star Hotel Espinar or Camping 3915m (No entry fees apply)
DAY 2: Tres Cañones - Maukallaqta - Sicuani
Drive to Tres Cañones (about 1 hour) and marvel at the natural beauty of the ancient canyon. Close by is the Maukallaqta archaeological site where we will explore the circular buildings for a while, most likely as the only visitors! We will enjoy a picnic lunch by the river, before driving to Sicuani (about 2.5hrs) passing the impressive Lake Langui.
Meals: Breakfast, Picnic Lunch (Dinner if camping)
Accommodation: 3 Star Hotel Sicuani or Camping 3359m (No entry fees apply)
DAY 3: Rainbow Mountain
Leave at 7:00am to drive to Rainbow Mountain (about 2 hours), driving through a narrow valley where you can see many llamas and alpacas. We have 3 hours to walk around this unique mountain range at 4,800m and enjoy a picnic lunch. Then we will drive to the village of Paucartambo, passing an archaeological site called Nina Marca, and then up to Tres Cruces (the drive is about 6 hours) where we will camp and have an early night.
Meals: Breakfast, Picnic Lunch ,Dinner.
Accommodation: Camping Tres Cruces 3602m
Includes entrance fees paid to the local community at Palcoyo and the Acjanaco section of the Manu National Park.
DAY 4: Sunrise at Tres Cuces - Cusco (May to July only)
Get up before the first light of dawn to watch the sunrise at Tres Cruces, where the Andes Mountains drop into the Amazon basin. Between May to July, it is common to see optical illusions due to the mist over the jungle e.g. halos around the sun, dancing sun, or more than one sun! Wander around while breakfast is being prepared and then drive back to Cusco. Alternatively, from here you could continue on into the Manu National Park to explore the Amazon jungle.
Please note: This tour runs from May to July only – otherwise it is a 3 day tour ending in Cusco after Rainbow Mountain.
- Pick-up from and drop-off at your accommodation
- Professional, experienced and fun English speaking guide
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary (including all camping equipment)
- Private transportation
- Entrance tickets as indicated in the itinerary
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 dinner (2 if camping in Espinar as noted in the itinerary
- Meals not noted in the itinerary
- Personal items such as toilet paper, water, etc.
- Sunscrean and sun hats (you can get burnt due to the altitude even though temperatures are not hot)
- Layered clothing; the days should be fairly sunny and pleasant (averaging around 20-22 degrees Celsius or 68-71 degrees Fahrenheit), while the nights are quite cold (around 0-3 degrees Celsius or 32-37 degrees Fahrenheit). The weather can change at any time and while it is not rainy season, it is possible that it may rain and be quite windy so a good jacket for rain and wind is a good idea, as are thermals or a down jacket. You can buy woolen scarves, gloves, beanies, etc. here in Peru quite cheaply.
Prices for this Explorer Circuit 4 Day Tour: (Per person)
2 People - $620 USD
3 People - $480 USD
4 People - $380 USD
5 People - $340 USD
6 People - $290 USD
Prices for this Explorer Circuit 3 Day Tour: (Per person)
2 People - $440 USD
3 People - $330 USD
4 People - $260 USD
5 People - $230 USD
6 People - $210 USD
*Groups of other sizes, please contact us for a free no strings attached quote.